Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Countdown is Down to Minutes

It's a miracle!  Packing is complete.  Electronics are updated and charged.  Liquids are in the quart baggies.  Documents are in safe keepings.  Reading and writing materials are in the backpacks.  Oh the checklist!  I love checking off items on a list of "To Do's," especially on an occasion such as this.  Did I mention that it's 1:55 PM Wednesday morning and we are leaving for the airport in less than two hours?  Sleep?  Who needs sleep?  I am planning on catching up on lots of it during the 14 hours and 55 minutes we will be in the air flying halfway around the world to CHINA!  I just hope my boys have the same idea.  :-)

The emotions around here have been all over the board.  Lots of rushing leads to irritability, but the excitement and energy is palpable.  There is no question that each person in our house is feeling a bit nervous, however, I like to believe that all is going to go smoothly. Why worry when God is in control? Ah, now that's a great feeling!  We must focus on the prize, Evie J.!

Our flight will leave at 6:15 AM Wednesday morning taking us to Chicago.  Argh!  Another concern...snow!  We are praying so hard our flight will go off as scheduled, although we know we have some back-up plans on other flights.  I have a feeling Bryan is more concerned that our flight will not get off the ground because of the weight of our luggage, not because of the weather in Chicago.  I am not known as a "light packer" but I have done my best to pack as minimally as possible.  We have a 1:15ish departure out of Chicago and will arrive in Beijing, I think, at approximately 3 PM China time.  This is 3 AM EST.

I better end this before I start making a ton of grammatical errors.  I feel my eyes getting heavy and my brain becoming very foggy.  I just have to mention all of the wonderful emails, Facebook messages, phone calls and visits I have received from many special people.  I truly feel blessed with fantastic friends and family.  The kindness of my friends has been amazing!!!  Along with your support and love, we are off to get our little miracle!

Oh, I forgot to pack the hair bows! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for ya'll! The Shraders are covering you in our prayers and can not wait to read every detail! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summerson can't get blogger.com to work today. Here's an update she emailed this morning. "Today was great and everyone is exhausted! We went to the Great Wall and climbed as much as we could. The boys were fantastic! We were amazed at the number of people who stopped to take pictures of and with our boys. At first Brycen, Finn and Bennett were unsure as to what they should feel, but they quickly got use to it. They were like Mickey Mouse at Disney World. In fact, Bryan joked about charging a fee for the pictures. :-)). I got some great pictures! Then we went to a jade museum and ate lunch at the museum. It was delicious! The kids even enjoyed it! Then we went to Hutong and took a tour on rickshaws. Tomorrow is another big day. Let's pray for good sleep tonight."

    ReplyDelete